Search for your new home
Just a click away
No detail was overlooked in this professionally renovated top floor corner unit 2 bedroom condo. The latest in kitchen style and decor includes quartz counters, white shaker cabinets, subway tile backsplash, under counter lighting, chrome fixtures, and a brand new 4 piece stainless steel appliance package. The quality continues in the sparkling new 4 piece bathroom by Bath Fitter, and carries throughout the e...Listed by Sutton Group-West Coast Realty (Nan)
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Rozz was born and raised in Nanaimo on beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia. After an 18 year career in Real Estate conveyancing, Rozz decided to embark on a new journey, transitioning to becoming a licensed REALTOR ®. With many years’ of experience reading contracts, Rozz is very comfortable with the fine details of contract writing and the accuracy that is paramount when caring for her clients. Combined with her innate ability to communicate clearly, Rozz will ensure you have an understanding of the buying or selling process, demonstrating your best interests are being protected.Rozz believes that Real Estate is about relationships. She is dedicated to the highest standards of honesty, loyalty and integrity, both professionally and personally. These strong qualities, amongst many others, have earned Rozz respectful and trusting relationships, in all areas of her life. She is truly dedicated to the relationships she has established and feels rewarded when she is able to be of service to others. Being relied upon is important to Rozz and this is a commitment she proudly makes to all of her clients. Whether buying or selling, Rozz has experience, knowledge and professional commitment to meeting all of your Real Estate needs.